16 Aug '19 16 Aug '19
Taskbar + Action center
- You can now rename virtual desktops
- You can now manage the mouse cursor speed
- You can now select multiple features to be installed on your device
- Features can now be searched through as well as sort them by Name, Size or Install date
- Features will now shown when they were installed and any other dependencies they have
- Latest actions has been added to Optional features and shows which installs, uninstalls and cancels you've performed
- Your account picture will now sync faster through any Microsoft services
Language and input
Input Method Editor
- You can now hide the IME toolbar from the toolbar menu
- Connect is now an optional feature downloadable in Settings
- Notepad can now be updated through the Microsoft Store
- The GPU temperature is now shown under Performance > GPU
- We fixed an issue where toolbar shows up even when [Use IME toolbar] is turned off in the setting.
- We fixed an issue where candidate window sometimes only showed limited number of candidates.
- We fixed an issue where candidates shown in table view cannot be selected by number keys.
- We fixed an issue where when connected via cellular or ethernet, the Network status would show you weren’t connected, even though you were able to successfully use the network.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the candidate selection in the prediction candidate window for the Japanese IME occasionally not matching the composition string.
- We fixed an issue where the candidate selection via number keys for the new Simplified Chinese IME did not match with the composition string.
- We fixed an issue impacting typing speed over remote desktop.
- We fixed an issue where, when using the emoji panel in certain places with an East Asian language active, it would close automatically after entering a single emoji even if the option to keep it open was enabled.
- We fixed an issue where typing a very long string with the Vietnamese Telex keyboard without committing could result in the underlying app crashing.
- We fixed a recent issue where the touch keyboard input a period when pressing the space key when typing in Korean.
- We fixed an issue where, if the Allow Input Personalization group policy was set to disabled, then search would crash.
- We fixed an issue resulting in search not returning results after disconnecting from the internet when using a local account.
- We fixed an issue that could cause the search box to become invisible in the taskbar if you opened Start menu while there was an update pending on your system.
- We fixed an issue for those using the new Cortana experience, where WIN+C wasn’t bringing up Cortana.
- We fixed an issue resulting in iCloud calendars not syncing with the Calendar app.
- We fixed an issue resulting in not being able to setup Windows Hello in Settings in recent builds.
- We fixed a recent issue where if Sound Settings was open, and you used the hardware volume keys on your PC to update the volume, the master volume slider in Settings might not stay in sync with the current value.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Graphics Settings drop-down list for Microsoft Store apps being empty.
- We fixed an issue impacting Snip & Sketch capture reliability in recent builds.
- Insiders may notice a new “Cloud download” option in the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) under “Reset this PC”. This feature is not working quite yet. We’ll let you know once it is, so you can try it out!
- There has been an issue with older versions of anti-cheat software used with games where after updating to the latest 19H1 Insider Preview builds may cause PCs to experience crashes. We are working with partners on getting their software updated with a fix, and most games have released patches to prevent PCs from experiencing this issue. To minimize the chance of running into this issue, please make sure you are running the latest version of your games before attempting to update the operating system. We are also working with anti-cheat and game developers to resolve similar issues that may arise with the 20H1 Insider Preview builds and will work to minimize the likelihood of these issues in the future.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- We’re investigating reports that the minimize, maximize, and close title bar buttons aren’t working for certain apps. If you’re using an impacted app, Alt+F4 should work as expected to close the app if needed.