19 Jun '19 19 Jun '19
Time & Language
- Language will now show an overview of various aspects of the system and to which language they are set, including Windows display, Apps & websites, Regional format, Keyboard and Speech, providing quick access to the various settings
- The link to add a local experience pack has been removed
- Opening a language's options will now show an updated language features overview
- Required features are now listed below other features without a disabled checkmark
- Features and settings that depend on other features and settings are now shown as a subitem of their parents
- The various language feature will now show an icon on the right that will give the user a tooltip
- The overflow menu item will now use an ellipses icon
Language and input
Input Method Editor
- The Chinese Pinyin IME now refers to "Default mode" instead of "Input mode"
- A tip has been added to the Bopomofo IME settings that Ctrl + Space will toggle the conversation mode
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders getting Windows Update error 0x80010105 when updating to recent builds.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders getting Windows Update error 0xc0000005 when updating to recent builds.
- We fixed an issue where the Action Center background was unexpectedly opaque in the quick action section.
- We fixed an issue where if you used the spacebar to switch to a different Focus assist state in Settings, keyboard focus would unexpectedly jump to the Have a Question? Section.
- We fixed an issue with the Bopomofo IME where the character width would suddenly change to Full width from Half width.
- We fixed an issue where, when using the Japanese IME with Excel, if you’d turned off Japanese input-mode by clicking the input-mode indicator, the input-mode would revert back to “Hiragana” every time focus moved to another cell.
- We fixed an issue for some of the Insiders with the updated File Explorer search experience, resulting in suggested results in the search dropdown not responding when clicked. Thanks for reporting this!
- This update might fail the first time you try to download it with a 0xc0000409 error code.
- For Home editions, some devices might not be able to see the “download progress %” change on the Windows Update page.
- There has been an issue with older versions of anti-cheat software used with games where after updating to the latest 19H1 Insider Preview builds may cause PCs to experience crashes. We are working with partners on getting their software updated with a fix, and most games have released patches to prevent PCs from experiencing this issue. To minimize the chance of running into this issue, please make sure you are running the latest version of your games before attempting to update the operating system. We are also working with anti-cheat and game developers to resolve similar issues that may arise with the 20H1 Insider Preview builds and will work to minimize the likelihood of these issues in the future.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- Tamper Protection may be turned off in Windows Security after updating to this build. You can turn it back on. In August, Tamper Protection will return to being on by default for all Insiders.
- We’re investigating an issue where some users are reporting that File Explorer search is rendering in an unexpectedly small area and clicking it results in a crash.