12 Jun '19 12 Jun '19
- The updated Microsoft Search now supports dark mode
Update & Security
- You can now limit the bandwith usage by Delivery Optimization for both foreground and background
- The Ink Workspace flyout has been replaced with a small flyout menu
- Sticky Notes are no longer accessible from the Ink Workspace
- Sketchboard has been replaced with the Microsoft Whiteboard app
- Narrator will now read the header first, followed by the cell data, followed by the row/column position of a cell
- When headers in data tables change, Narrator will now read them
- Windows Subsystem for Linux version 2 has been added to Windows, including a full Linux kernel
- We fixed an issue where some users experienced a 0x8007000E error code while downloading the build due to high RAM consumption.
- We fixed an issue where users couldn’t use the desktop Features on Demand “add a feature” option.
- We fixed an issue where dragging the emoji and dictation panels was unexpectedly laggy.
- We’re in the process of rolling out a change in this build to address an issue where if the taskbar was set to autohide, launching the Start menu would first hide the taskbar before bringing up the Start menu.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Start menu and taskbar going 100% transparent on secondary monitors or after projection.
- We fixed an issue where Windows Security would crash if launched from Settings when using an Arabic display language.
- We fixed an issue where the audio service might hang on shutdown if spatial audio was turned on.
- This update might fail the first time you try to download it with a 0xc0000409 error code.
- For Home editions, some devices might not see the “update installed” on the update history page.
- For Home editions, some devices might not be able to see the “download progress %” change on the Windows Update page.
- There has been an issue with older versions of anti-cheat software used with games where after updating to the latest 19H1 Insider Preview builds may cause PCs to experience crashes. We are working with partners on getting their software updated with a fix, and most games have released patches to prevent PCs from experiencing this issue. To minimize the chance of running into this issue, please make sure you are running the latest version of your games before attempting to update the operating system. We are also working with anti-cheat and game developers to resolve similar issues that may arise with the 20H1 Insider Preview builds and will work to minimize the likelihood of these issues in the future.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- Tamper Protection may be turned off in Windows Security after updating to this build. You can turn it back on.
- We are aware of an issue with the Bopomofo IME where the character width is suddenly changed to Full width from Half width and are investigating.
- We’re investigating an issue where some users are reporting that File Explorer search is rendering in an unexpectedly small area and clicking it results in a crash.